Monday, June 23, 2008

The Quad Cities Air Show

Actually, these photos were taken by my camera, but not by me. My hero absconded my camera during the air show. He loves flight! He has always loved planes. So I sat in the grass and enjoyed watching his excitement as he snapped the shutter.


Maybe it's just me, but I think the guy in the orange is absolutely crazy!!!


Yep, this plane is flying upside down. Why? Like I would know! My hero said this is a P51 from the European theater of World War II. Okay, but he's still upside down.


This is an F16. He's loud, but very impressive.


This is the P51 flying wing-to-wing with his much more powerful eventual replacement. I'm glad they could get along.


I don't know what they are, but they were pretty.


These were the stars of the show — the Navy's Blue Angels!



And since he took all the airplane pictures, here's one I took:

The little baby blue jay was pushed out the nest to learn how to fly. I'm grateful that he stopped long enough to pose.

No comments: